Wednesday, May 21, 2014
2014 Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in low and middle income countries
Chime Chinonso Simon
Students from Commonwealth countries can now pursue postgraduate study in a new range of destinations thanks to scholarships under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan. Up to 15 scholarships are available during 2014-2015 for international students to study for Master’s degrees at universities in ten low and middle income Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships will complement the hundreds of Commonwealth Scholarships already offered each year by the governments of more established host countries such as New Zealand, India, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom (the largest funder of Commonwealth Scholarships), and is in line with a drive towards broadening opportunities for international scholarships throughout the Commonwealth.
The scholarships are funded by the expansion of the CSFP endowment fund, raised by the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Commonwealth Secretariat following the Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers in 2009. The fund has attracted donations from over 200 alumni of the Commonwealth Scholarship programme, and 13 Commonwealth governments. In the spirit of the fund, several of the host universities have also contributed by waiving or reducing their normal tuition fee levels.
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s level study are being offered in the following countries in 2014.
• Caribbean (Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago)
• South Africa
Each award covers:
• Full tuition fees
• Monthly/quarterly stipend (living allowance) set at local rates
• Arrival allowance (usually) USD 500, to contribute to additional costs incurred in moving to your host country
• One economy class return airfare between your home and host countries
• Be citizens of any Commonwealth country except the host country
• Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
Closing dates range from 31 May to 31 July 2014. Further information on the scholarships, links to the host universities and application forms are available at www.acu.ac.uk/csfp-scholarships
FOR SCHOLARSHIP SMS ALERT, CLICK HERE
FOR UNN POST UME PAST QUESTIONS, FELAR 909, UNN POST GRADUATE SCREENING PAST QUESTION CALL 07061020282